STEM Design Challenge
- Q: Do the 3 objects have to be picked up in the same area or could there be multiple "claws" that pick up items from different locations?
- A: It could be multiple claws.
- Q: Can projects include things like Arduino microcomputers?
- A: We don’t have a rule about that so they can definitely try it.
- Q: Do the objects being picked up have to be K'Nex?
- A: The objects that will be picked up do not need to be K’Nex. The rest of the project must be out of K’nex.
- Q: Can the object being moved be pushed?
- A: They cannot be pushed. The challenge does specify picking up the items so if a team creates something that scoops, the objects will still need to come off of the table.
- Q: Can they use any string?
- A: String is part of a few K’Nex kits so teams may use string. They do not need to purchase official K’Nex string. Any string will do.
- Q: Can I have five on a team?
- A: There are only four allowed to be working and presenting during the competition, but if you want to have a backup participant, that would be fine.