Parent Support Group
Local Task Force
The Pennsylvania State Task Force on the Right to Education
The Pennsylvania State Task Force is charged with ensuring that the mandate and spirit of the Right to Education Consent Agreement are carried out throughout the commonwealth. This brochure provides information about the Pennsylvania State Task Force and Local Task Forces.
Local Task Force Meetings for 2019-2020 School Year
- Thursday, October 25th, 2018- 5pm-7pm - Town Hall Meeting with Bureau of Special Education Director- Meeting Resource Materials
- Here is a website that has tons of different accommodations and modifications you can have put into an IEP.
- Here is a link that shows different links to learn more about what reading services the IU9 has
- Here are a few tips for the IEP meeting to remember
- Sensory info for school:
- Procedural safeguards info:
- Preparing for an IEP-
- Sensory products for home and school:
- Weighted Blankets:
- This website talks about how to prepare for the first IEP your child has and who will be involved in it.
- IEP worksheets and websites for parents-
- PEAL CENTER (educational advocacy)
- 10 Common mistakes parents make with an IEP:
- Secondary Transition Website Conference-
- Hiram G Andrews School for kids with Intellectual Disabilities
- Secondary Transition Guide: Pa. Department of Education
- OVR School to Work Questions and Answers Sheet